Friday, August 7, 2009

The Subdivision....continued.

Day 5 in Bentonville, Arkansas and I feel like we're settling in a bit more. The weather has cooled to about 90 today with a slight breeze.

The first image is a view of our neighborhood from the front door. There isn't really much I can say except: grass is king here. There seems to be an unspoken competition among local homeowners to see whose grass can be the thickest, greenest, and most lush. Some poor slob down the street has grass that is a brownish-yellow and lay in tatters. I get the feeling he's been outcast by the others. As far as watering, most grass here is of the Bermuda variety, which I'm told does not require watering.

The image below was taken from the roof of our old apartment building in San Francisco the day we moved out. I'm a bit disturbed when viewing both images side-by-side like this. Not sure how healthy this posting is for my mental well-being at the moment.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Michael & Family! Welcome to the neighborhood...even though I live 'far and away' in the neighboring town of Fayetteville. What a pity to be transplanted from San Francisco to Bentonville! But, I'm sure you will come to love the region, as well as the people, after you have lived here a while. Oh, bermuda grass should be ok if it gets rain every now and then, but if not...I can assure you, it will die.

    ReplyDelete