Saturday, September 5, 2009

Bentonville Tigers

So I was driving in Bentonville the other day with my daughter when I noticed a football arena to my left. What surprised me was that this is the field for Bentonville High School. High school. (http://www.bentonville.k12.ar.us/bhs/) I know this would not surprise a lot of folks, but growing up in California, we had nothing close to this at the public high school I went to. Our football field was used for all sports, including P.E. classes. The bleachers were basically wooden planks on metal supports. Again, I know a lot of people may not care or be impressed by the fact the high school has a dedicated football arena, but I have to say I'm pretty fucking impressed.

Notice the dark seats in the center? Those are individual cushioned seats. I'm not sure how much they cost, but I'd like to find out. There is a varsity game on Friday, September 11 against Ft. Zumwalt West; I'll see if I can find out how much tickets are if anyone wants to go with me. I know the Yankees have seats like that in their new stadium that they sell for $1,250 per game. Another thing that struck me was the structure above the seats. What is up there? Press boxes? Luxury suites? Condos? I never thought I would say this, but this place makes me want to be in high school again, at least this high school


Below are a couple of shots of the training complex which I won't even comment on.

No comments:

Post a Comment